Our support team is happy to help you with importing your products in Orderchamp. However, we do need an Excel or CSV file containing your products and data. Often you can export this from the eCommerce software module you're using.
If you use another system, your file should contain these columns and data per product:
- Product ID: the product code, should be the same for the products with the same variants (required);
- Product Title: the name of the product, which will be shown in your storefront (required);
- Variants per product: each row should be a unique variant. In the column headers you can specify what kind of variant it contains, for example: "Option:Size";
- Brand: the brand of the product (required);
- Case quantity: the minimum quantity of your product that should be purchased;
- Price: The B2B/wholesale price. This is the price retailer will pay for your product to purchase. The wholesale price is excluding taxes and is formatted with a decimal period and no currency sign (i.e. 14.95) (required);
- MSRP (Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price): The Recommended Retail Price. What the retailer should charge the costumer for this product. The MSRP is including taxes and is formatted with a decimal period and no currency sign (i.e. 14.95). Please note: we require a minimum margin of 35% (1.35) between the Price and MSRP. (required);
- Inventory: Inventory or Stock level (Required if Inventory policy is set to "deny");
- Inventory policy: The option for your Inventory policy are "Continue" and "Deny". "Continue" means the product can still be ordered, even when the stock level is 0. If you only want to sell that product when it's in stock, the policy should be set to "Deny". When the stock level reaches 0, the product will be marked as sold out.
- SKU: The Stock Keeping Unit, which is a product code and unique per product variant (required);
- Tax level: the BTW percentage that should be charged: High or Low. It differs per country what the exact percentages are. For example: in the Netherlands the percentage is 21% for high, and 9% for low;
- Categories: Note: you can't add your own categories to Orderchamp. We offer a select amount of categories and subcategories. You can find the whole list of categories in your back office > Import & Export > "Available Categories". ;
- Images: If you'd like to import the images in bulk, you need to include the image URL(s) in the file. If you don't have the URLs, you can import the file without them and add the images manually after import;
- Description: Provide a clear and attractive description of your product, containing a minimum of 25 characters (required);
- Product values: You can add one of the six values to your product(s). Retailers can filter on these values and will indicate what they find most important. The values you can choose from are: Dutch Design, Fair Trade, Eco-Friendly, Handmade, Organic & Social Good;
- Made in: If you'd like, you can add the Country of Origin to your products. Please note you need to add the 2-character country code (ISO) in the file and not the fully written name of the country. For example, the Netherlands should be written as NL.
For an example of the import file, go to your back office > Import & Export > Productsheet Example. When clicking this button, a .csv file will be downloaded to your computer.
You will now see the headers as described above, as well as an example of how to properly fill in your product data:
If you have an export from your own system, you can process it in this file.
If you have all the product data in your file, you need to save this as an UTF-8 CSV file. You can do this by navigating to File > Save as.. > Select "CSV UTF-8" as file type > Save.
You might need to save it another way, depending on which document editor you use. But just look for a dropdown with file types and select "CSV UTF-8" to save.
Now you're ready to upload your file and import your products in your back office! Go to Import & Export and click 'Browse' to select the right file from your computer. Now click Upload.
The system will try to match your headers with the right product data. Always check if this is done right and adjust where necessary:
When everything is matched, click Validate. When you try to upload a lot of products, it might take a few minutes. Don't refresh the page! Once the validation is done, you'll see an overview of products that will be imported:
The screenshot above shows a perfect file with no errors, so you can start the import by clicking the blue button on the bottom right.
If the file is not entirely correct, you'll see some error messages. Click the 'View Errors' button to see what kind of error it gives:
In the following example it shows that there's two products with the same SKU:
Try to correct the file and import again. You could import the files with the errors, these will then be skipped. In that case you'll need to upload a new corrected file.
If you have any issues or trouble uploading your products, we're here to help! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the file you're trying to import.
Of course it's also possible to upload your product manually. In this article we describe how you can do that.